Karim Benzema could make a sensational return to France’s World Cup squad after ‘returning to first-team training at Real Madrid later this week’… with FIFA rules permitting Didier Deschamps CAN call the striker back into his team despite ruling him out!
- Karim Benzema could return to the France squad during the knockout stages
- The Real Madrid striker suffered the injury in his first full training session in Qatar
- The 34-year-old returned to Real Madrid to begin the rehab process on his thigh
- He is expected to return to full training later this week and could be called up
- The FIFA rules permit players, that initially named in the squad, to return if fit
- Click here for the latest World Cup 2022 news, fixtures, live action and results