King Charles III will keep the Queen’s Private Secretary – known as a ‘hatchet man’ for his ability to deliver bad news – in his post
- Queen’s Private Secretary Sir Edward Young will be kept in post by King Charles
- Joined royal household in 2004 and oversaw ‘Megxit’ deal struck with Sussexes
- Known as a ‘hatchet man’ for ability to deliver bad news, particularly about cuts
- Staff at the King’s former official residence have been notified of redundancies
- The Queen’s funeral: All the latest Royal Family news and coverage
Known in Palace corridors as a ‘hatchet man’ for his ability to deliver bad news, particularly relating to job cuts, it is thought that his skills will come in handy.
The new King, who is served by Private Secretary Sir…