Woman seeking compensation from Coles after slipping on a lettuce leaf loses her legal appeal – after doctors found the vegetable was not to blame for her pain
- Coles shopper who slipped on lettuce has lost her legal bid for compensation
- Kanwaleen Bhelley claims she injured her knee and back in the fall in May 2020
- Medical panel ruled she didn’t meet threshold required for compensation
- She lodged an appeal to the court, alleging panel made jurisdictional errors
- Victoria’s Supreme Court ruled in favour of panel and dismissed appeal
A Melbourne woman who claimed she injured her knee and back after she slipped on a piece of lettuce during a trip to the supermarket has lost her legal bid for compensation.
Kanwaleen Bhelley, 43, claimed she suffered a…