Every parent’s dream: Expandable children’s shoes that fit long enough to be worn out are on way to High Street stores
- British firm to launch shoe for under-7s that can expand an entire size and a half
- Shoe brand Pip & Henry developing £80 shoe with mechanism to lengthen sole
- Stretchy material and extending base will double the lifespan of kid’s shoes
- John Lewis eco fund gives maker £250,000 to help combat ‘throwaway culture’
- Nine in ten of 80million shoes bought in the UK each year end up in landfill
An extendable children’s shoe that can stretch a size and a half could soon appear in British stores.
Shoe brand Pip & Henry is developing the new invention for under-sevens, the age where children’s feet grow most quickly.
Founder Jeroo Doodhmal said the mechanism…