Knifeman stabs and slashes five on German commuter train in ‘Islamic extremist’ attack before being overpowered by hero plain-clothes cop
- Terrorist knifed passengers on rush hour service near Aachen, western Germany
- Iraq-born suspect, 31, disarmed by off-duty policeman, 60, and two passengers
- Hero cop said after intervention: ‘I was on my way to work, that’s all I can say’
- Interior minister Reul: ‘A cruel act that was stopped [with] tremendous courage’
- Suspected Islamist reported by refugee home where he was living five years ago
A suspected Islamist terrorist knifed five people on a packed commuter train before he was outmuscled by a 60-year-old off-duty policeman.
The Iraq-born suspect, 31, was disarmed and arrested after 7.40am today in Herzogenrath, a suburb…