- Putin orders siege instead of storming of Mariupol steel plant
- Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov says Azovstal will fall under Russian control
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy claims he has not received Kremlin offer of peace talks
- Luhansk regional governor says 80% of the region is controlled by Russian forces
- US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen leads G7 walkout over Moscow’s participation
This article was last updated at 07:30 GMT/UTC.
Putin cancels storming of steel plant
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered the Russian military to cancel plans to storm the Azovstal plant in the Ukrainian city of Mariupol.
The Russian leader said he wanted the plant to continue to be securely blockaded instead.
Spanish and Danish prime minister visit Kyiv
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro…