Psaki insists Biden wasn’t trying to offend Republicans or voting rights critics when he likened them to George Wallace, Bull Connor and Jefferson Davis
- Jen Psaki on Friday defended comments made by Biden in voting rights speech
- It came after outrage at the way the president apparently compared opponents of his plan with segregationists and racists
- ‘He was not comparing them as humans,’ said Psaki in her briefing
- Instead it was based on whether or not they supported fair voting rights
- Opponents said Biden’s speech in Georgia was unpresidential and divisive
President Joe Biden was not making a ‘human’ comparison between opponents of his voter rights push with racists and segregationists in a speech this week, said the White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Friday.
Rather he simply meant to compare the actions of those who…