Alec Baldwin has finally handed over his cellphone to cops investigating his accidental killing of a cinematographer a month after they requested it.
The 63 year-old actor’s lawyer Aaron Dyer confirmed the device had been handed over to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, on Friday, close to where Baldwin lives.
It is being sought by Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza and his investigators probing the death of Halyna Hutchins, 42, on the set of Baldwin’s western Rust in Bonanza City, New Mexico, on October 21 last year.
Suffolk County cops have been coordinating with their colleagues in Santa Fe, with the device now set to be passed to them imminently.
Dyer said: ‘Alec voluntarily provided his phone to the authorities this morning so they can finish their investigation.
‘But this matter isn’t about his phone, and there are no answers on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong.’
He continued: ‘It is clear that he was told it was a cold gun, and was following instructions when…