Unvaccinated New Yorkers were eight times more likely to be hospitalized during the initial Omicron surge in late December and nine times more likely to die than those who’d had the shot
- Data in New York City Thursday showed unvaccinated faced higher risk
- Unvaccinated were hospitalized at a rate 8.2 times higher than vaccinated
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, the risk multiple was 6.3 times
- But Omicron surge in late December seems to have widened the gap
- Unvaccinated people were also 8.9 times more likely to die in late December
New data from New York City shows the much higher risk for hospitalization and death than unvaccinated people faced as the initial Omicron surge swept through the city last month.
For the week ending December 25, when Omicron first hit the city, unvaccinated New Yorkers were hospitalized at a rate of 179.84 per 100,000,…