Drug trafficker, 39, is sentenced by to 16 years in prison by California court for smuggling drugs from Mexico to US for El Chapo’s Sinaloa cartel
- Sinaloa Cartel member Roberto Gallegos-Lechuga will be going to jail for 15 months and eight months
- The 39-year-old pleaded guilty in July 2021 to drug trafficking and money laundering
- Gallegos-Lechuga oversaw the shipment of drugs from Mexico to ports of entry in Southern California
- He also directed a team of couriers who smuggled money from drug proceeds back to Mexico
- More than 20 people who were part of the scheme have pleaded guilty and sentenced
A drug trafficker with the Sinaloa Cartel will spend the next 16 years in a United States prison for overseeing narcotic shipments from Mexico to the U.S., then smuggling the proceeds back to Mexico.
Roberto Gallegos-Lechuga, 39, was sentenced Tuesday by the…