Napoli 2-1 Juventus: Max Allegri’s side continue nightmare start to the season in first match without Cristiano Ronaldo as Kalidou Koulibaly strikes late to leave the Old Lady with just ONE point from first three games
- Juventus have not won any of their opening three Serie A matches this term
- The Bianconeri were playing their first match since selling Cristiano Ronaldo
- Alvaro Morata opened scoring in the 10th minute but Matteo Politano equalised
- But Napoli sealed comeback win five minutes from time with Kalidou Koulibaly
- Max Allegri still searching for first victory since returning to Juventus as boss
Juventus’s stuttering start to their Serie A season continued on Saturday night after they slumped to a late defeat at Napoli in their first game since selling Cristiano Ronaldo.
Alvaro Morata had given Max Allegri’s side the lead in the 10th minute, but Napoli hit back after half-time to equalise through Matteo Politano.
Five minutes from time the home side completed the comeback with centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly sealing all three points.
The result leaves the Bianconeri with just one point from their opening three games following an opening day draw at Udinese and a shock home defeat by Empoli, with Allegri still searching for his first win since returning as manager.
More to follow…